Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 6: Thing #15 Library 2.0 and the future

Reading the articles on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. I realize how much Howard County Library is working towards this goal for the future for our library system. I have seen over the past few years many changes in the way we purchase, catalog, process and shelve or display items. HC has been striving also to be the forefront on technology as well. New computers and software program that enhance and add performance for the customers and employee of the library. I believe that HC is one of the best library systems around. I live out side HC and have heard from my fellow neighbors how much my local library is lacking. I tell them about HC and help them find what there looking for. They are pleased that we have the capabilities to do more than the average library system. I truly believe that if the customers in HC need something and we (HC) don't have it or don't have the capability to do it. In time our librarian and technical staff will find a way to do it. (I'm not boosting, I'm stating fact. It's happen more than once). \

Library 2.0 is thinking outside the box. Or improving on something that hasn't been changed or updated. HC has been thinking outside the box for years and I am glad to be part of an organization that has that reputation, the personal and the capabilites to do so.

No comments: