Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 8: Thing #18 Google Docs, Zoho Writer and web App.

This was interesting in that the web based applications are very close to the Microsoft version I use at home. I first tried Google Docs presentation(Microsoft PowerPoint version) since I've been doing lot more .ppts for my church over the past 3 years and is interested in other forms or ways of doing .ppts. Google Docs was easy to set up and create, limited backgrounds to choose from, but enough to use for this part of this project. My problem came when I wanted to download it, save it or use it for part of this blog. Couldn't figure out how to do it had to go the help page and get directions. It wasn't clear on the main screen. Finally figured it out and got it uploaded to my blog only to have it come in as the edit screen version. Which wouldn't do and thought it should come in as a presenter view. So I had to rework some things and figured it out. When you save it, then go to the presenter view and copy the link at the top right corner it will give you the presenter view link instead of going through to publish.

I then tried Zoho Show another version of .ppts. This was more complicated when I highlighted something and it wouldn't do what it was supposed to do. So I had to retype the entire sentence it to get it in the right font I wanted. Then it would center the type. Again I had trouble trying to upload it the blog and had to try several different paths that would allow me to blog it, but finally did.

Over all I prefer Google Docs presentation package better seemed more comfortable with the set up and over all applications. Enjoyed playing around with this.

No comments: