Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 3: Thing #7: Technology - New and Upcoming!

As I was looking for some new technology to study. I wondered on the the New York Times and found a columnist Dave Pogue multimedia talking about "Kid-Tracking Cellphones". Even though this idea has been around for several years the idea has intrigued me for sometime. I work with youth through my church and see how much cell phones, iPods, and computer gizmo's are important to these kids. Plus the media show us stories after stories of missing or abused kids. I wondered how much we could do to help protect and prevent the bad stuff.

Today we can micro chip an animal for recovery and we have micro chipped computers, cell phones and even medicine to track their whereabouts. Why can't we micro chip our kids. I know it sound cruel and punishing, but think. It's 2007 and in this day of technology we can use a GPS system to guide, fine and detect anything. Why not a child, missing or not!

No comments: